Preparing for your Covid Vaccination
The following is sourced from health.gov.au –
Make sure your details are correct
While you wait for your appointment, there are some things you can do now to get ready. Make sure your details are up to date with Medicare, if you are eligible (note that you can still have a COVID-19 vaccine if you are not eligible for Medicare).
You can do this online, through myGov (Medicare online account) or with the Express Plus Medicare app, or you can call Medicare.
If you don’t have your account set up, you can:
- Enrol in Medicare, if you’re not already enrolled.
- Set up your Medicare online account, if you’re enrolled in Medicare, but don’t have
Medicare linked to myGov.
- Get an Individual Health Identifier (IHI), if you’re not eligible for Medicare. Once you’ve had your vaccine, you’ll be able to get an immunisation history statement to prove your vaccination status. You can find out how to get your immunisation history statement on the Services Australia website
You should not attend a COVID-19 vaccination appointment if you:
- Are unwell with fever, cough, runny nose or other symptoms that could be from COVID-19
- Are awaiting COVID-19 test results
- Have tested positive with COVID-19 and you are in isolation
- Are in quarantine
- Are a close contact of someone with COVID-19.
If you fall into any of the above categories, you need to check with us BEFORE coming in for your vaccination. You may need to reschedule your appointment.
If you have had another vaccine in the 7 days before your COVID-19 vaccine appointment it is recommended to reschedule your appointment.
You are not required to get a test for COVID-19 before vaccination unless you have a fever or any respiratory symptoms. If unsure call us first and we can advise.
Plan ahead for two doses
It is important that you receive two doses of your COVID-19 vaccine. We strongly recommend you schedule your second vaccination with us before leaving.